Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BUSTER'S COMIN' AROUND!!!

We had Buster for two and a half years before Haylee was born, so yes, he was our firstborn and the only child before Haylee. And EXTREMELY spoiled! So when Haylee came along he was very stand-offish with her, not too sure what she was all about. When we were able to let her play on the floor, he started out by just watching her from his chair. Slowly, he has gradually gotten closer and closer to her. And now? Well, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves!
This was on a Sunday before church. Haylee was having quality time with Daddy while Mommy was getting ready and she just couldn't keep those little eyes open one more second. So Buster had to come see what she was doin'!
Buster has learned that Haylee will not pull on his fur, tail or ears when he gets close to her, so now he is just as lovey with her as he is with EVERYONE else that comes over! I wish I would've gotten a pic of when Haylee was reading her book and Buster kept pokin'his wet nose into it--she was actually gettin' a bit irritated with him!
Buster is even willing to share HIS toys with Haylee! The day she can throw his toys for him to go fetch will be a wonderful day!
This last pic has nothin' to do with Buster. This is ALL Haylee! She has done soooo good wearing headbands for eight and a half months now, but her new trick is pullin' it down onto her face when I'm not lookin'! She never cries when it covers her eyes and she can't see, she just tries to look around and usually smiles! This pic was taken while we were shoppin' in Wal-mart. I love how she even tried to keep playin' with her toy even though she couldn't see! I love this girl!

11 comments:

Kymi said...

That last picture is pricless! Makes me smile. She is so cute. I love the one of her sleeping on the chair and Buster is watching over her. Good big brother! Isn't it great (most of the time) being a mom. Those funny moments are so worth all the frustrations.

Anonymous said...

She is getting so BIG! But we would like to make ya a trade Tristan for Buster?

Kate said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love how innocent and patient babies are. I think it's so cute how the band over her eyes didn't make her frustrated, she just kept moving on with her play time. :) So cute!

Enjoy the Journey said...

We really miss you guys! Will we ever see you again?

The Luthy Life said...

Hey Pal! It's me! Your friend Kami! I haven't talked to you for like what, 6 years now? Remember that one time we were wrestling singlets and sang broadway tunes while Miss Jenkins played the piano? What good times we had!

Erica Hanks said...

I love the pic of him watching her sleep! What a good brother!

Bird Man Pratt said...

That was really cute!, but I have to agree with Kymi, the last picture is worth nothing.

Julie Clark said...

Her sweetness is just radiating through the camera! Ok so how many babies can you name that wouldn't be screaming with fright after becoming blinded, not to mention all the while playing with their toy! Both of your kids are so cute in the sleeping picture. The nice thing about her big brother is he knows better than to dare wake her up! I hope you guys are settled in now...I'm sure the garage is spotless by now right?

Mitsy said...

oh my goodness those pics are adorable!!! very cute!

Amy said...

Those are fun pics. I'm glad Buster's finally warmed up to her. She looks darling and awfully big. I love the headband over the eyes shot. When do you guys move?

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

Hooray for Buster! I'm so glad that he is finally loving her! What a good dog! I fear for Jack & what he's going to do when we have kids! He's such a butt! Your family is just too cute!