Enemy #1--Bulb Syringe--AKA: "Nose Sucker"
Enemy #2--Albuterol Syrup--AKA "Nasty Medicine"
The Allies--Toy Rings and Cuddly Butterfly--AKA: The Friends That Don't Hurt Me
So poor little Haylee has been so sick this week. It started Sunday night with a runny nose and a little cough. We thought,"Oh, we can handle this! No problem!" Then on Wednesday, her breathing started to get really strained and we got worried, so we took her to the doctor, who prescribed Enemy #2. It's basically the same as an asthma inhaler (I speak from experience on that one!). They warned that the medicine would actually make her cough more and that she might even throw up, just to get all that gunk outta her lungs. They were right! Haylee has been through the ringer this week. A friend of mine said she'd rather be on her deathbed than have her baby be sick--I now understand and agree. It breaks my heart to see her so miserable. The saddest part has got to be the loss of her little voice. I said in an earlier post that Haylee LOVES to talk and tell stories in her own language--now she can't cuz she doesn't have a voice! Her little silent, then raspy cry is so pitiful. I've told people that she sounds like a dog that has had it's voice box removed, but still tries to bark. So sad...We think the worst is over and she is getting better slowly. I sure hope so!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Enemy #1--Bulb Syringe--AKA: "Nose Sucker"
Deep Thoughts by Bethany and Cameron at 11:00 AM
We figured Haylee had outgrown the nettting in her bathtub--and we were right! Look at our big girl lovin' her bigger tub! If that isn't the picture of happiness, I don't know what is! She comes from a long line of bath-lovers, so it's nice to see she's following suit.:) The only downside to this new arrangement is it's quite a bit messier! It's kinda like sittin' in the front row at the Shamu show at Sea World! Haylee can get a little crazy with the water!:)
Deep Thoughts by Bethany and Cameron at 10:54 AM
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Cam snapped this cute shot of Haylee the other day. She was propped up, but being that she's only 3 1/2 months, she sorta fell to the side and into this adorable little pose! Seriously, I think we have a model on our hands! She even knows when to smile!
Deep Thoughts by Bethany and Cameron at 7:40 AM
Thursday, January 17, 2008
So I've been home all week, deathly ill (a sore throat and a cough can so be deadly!), and to pass the time I have been "blog-stalking", as some may call it. This entails hopping from one person's blog to the next, whether you know the person or not. I learned something through this process--you don't always need pics to do a post. Sure, it may be more interesting with a picture, but not necessary. And I also learned that some of the most interesting posts were the ones that shared random facts about the person. I already did one of those, but I'm always up for more! And hey, for all those out there who want to be just like me (I know I have a following SOMEWHERE!), you may just learn a thing or two! So here goes another one:
ONE EPIPHANY AFTER THE NEXT I HAVE RECEIVED SINCE BECOMING A MOM:
1. I may have the gassiest baby on earth! Cam and I constantly joke that we won't worry about this girl dating if she keeps up this little "issue"! And yes, the smell is horrible! Thanks to soy formula!
2. I am slowly realizing my stomach will never be the same. Sad. I don't wanna seem shallow, but man, I used to be really happy with my tummy. Now? Not so much...
3. Haylee holds her left hand the same exact way EVERY time I feed her--she puts her thumb between her index finger and middle finger (the sign for "T" in sign language). Wonder what that's all about...
4. Unfortunately to me, Cameron and everyone around Haylee, I think she may have inherited my lack of patience.:( I was really hoping that would at least skip a generation, but it doesn't seem to be that way. I apololgize in advance to everyone!
5. We really do have a good dog! We had a little concern as to how Buster would do with Haylee, but for the most part, he could care less about her. When he does acknowledge her, it's cuz he wants to play. If I lay her on the bed, he puts his front paws on the bed and nudges her bottom--even lifting her up sometimes--and the girl LOVES IT!! She giggles and kicks her feet, which makes Buster think she's playing with him! It's great! I know he's thinking, "Finally, she's good for something!"
6. I am not surprised at all with how Cameron is as a dad. I knew all along that he would be kind, patient, proud, sweet, etc with our little girl. He understands "Mommy's Alone Time", too and jumps in when possible to give me a break for a long bubble bath or a nap.
7. Having a baby makes you very popular. Suddenly, you are stopped in grocery stores by cute old ladies who want to tell you all about their grandchildren. You also feel as though you are being watched as a mom, and are always asking yourself, "Am I doing this right? Is this normal?"
8. Haylee LOVES to talk. We can't understand her, obviously, but she sure thinks we do. I'm afraid that when we can understand her, she won't shut up! I'm already thinkin' we are gonna get lots of notes from teachers saying,"Your child refuses to be quiet during class." Any advice??
9. I thought having a girl would be somewhat "wasted" on me, since I've been a tomboy, for the most part. But I LOVE dressing this little girl up.:) I was never one to play dress-up, or play with dolls, but a lifesize one is really fun!
10. I am so blessed. I have a wonderful gassy, talkative, quirky little girl that I love to death.:) I have a great hubby who is perfect in every way. I have awesome friends who are ALWAYS willing to help me out--that goes for my in-laws, too.:) I've realized what really matters in life, and that quote that says,"The most important things in life, aren't things." is really true.:)
Okay everyone who reads this---what epiphanies have you received???
Deep Thoughts by Bethany and Cameron at 12:13 PM
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Just this week, Haylee started to really play with her toys! Before she would just stare at them, but now she reaches for them and of course, tries to put them in her mouth.:) And why not? She must think,"Everthing else that goes in my mouth is good...":) The Bumbo has also become our new favorite friend (meaning mine and Cameron's!). Haylee is going through that phase where she cries when we leave her sight (sometimes), so this way, we can have her right there with us when we are checkin' our email, or cookin' or doin' dishes. Love that thing! And no, we do not leave her unattended in it! We are GOOD parents!:)
Deep Thoughts by Bethany and Cameron at 12:10 PM
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Thanks to the encouragement of a fellow blogger, I am posting the "How We Met" story of Cameron and I. Are you ready??? Cam and I met in the summer of 1999 (the year he graduated--yes, I am a year and a half older than him!) in Show Low. My best friend was dating his best friend and everyone kept tellin' me I just HAD to meet Cameron--not to date him (he had a girlfriend at the time), but because he was SOOOO cool and funny.:) I met him that night, and yup, they were right--he was hilarious! At the end of that summer, I moved to Mesa with another friend and Cameron moved to Mesa with his friends and surprisingly ended up living a block away from me! We got to be REALLY good friends, but I always had a boyfriend and he always had another girl. Then mission time came--Cam got called to the Ohio Cleveland Mission and on the day of his farewell, I opened my mission call to the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission. He left three months before me and we promised to write weekly. When I got to the MTC, I was the first in my district to get a package...from Cameron! He had sent it early so it would be there the day I arrived! What a guy! We continued to write weekly and send tapes we had talked on to each other. The funny part is we had always said "I love you" to each other, just as good friends and actually always joked that we would end up marrying each other in the end, but halfway through my mission, it got to be a little different. You could tell the attraction was there, so I wasn't sure if I should keep writing "I love you" or not. I did and just hoped he wouldn't read into it! Oblivious to me, he was having the same dilemma! Well, I got home three months before he did and waited patiently (sorta) for his return. I went to the airport (with his ENTIRE family--not akward at all...yeah right!!! I remember his mom calling me the night before cuz she was just soooo excited and she knew I would be excited with her!) on March 1st, to see if 'THE SPARK" was there...yup, as soon as I saw him! We all drove up to Show Low that afternoon and he and I stayed up talking till 5am (no, not making out--that was the next night!). Yes, our first kiss was the day after he got home, March 2nd.:) What can I say, we're quick movers! When you know it's right, it's right! He moved down to Mesa and lived in the apartment above mine with some friends and we were unofficially engaged two weeks later, and officially engaged April 8th! We were married on July 6th, 2002 and have lived happily ever after!!! If you sat and read all that--you are a true friend!:) I now encourage all of you out there to tell us your love story!
Deep Thoughts by Bethany and Cameron at 7:33 AM