Sunday, January 6, 2008

Awww...The Ultimate Love Story...

Thanks to the encouragement of a fellow blogger, I am posting the "How We Met" story of Cameron and I. Are you ready??? Cam and I met in the summer of 1999 (the year he graduated--yes, I am a year and a half older than him!) in Show Low. My best friend was dating his best friend and everyone kept tellin' me I just HAD to meet Cameron--not to date him (he had a girlfriend at the time), but because he was SOOOO cool and funny.:) I met him that night, and yup, they were right--he was hilarious! At the end of that summer, I moved to Mesa with another friend and Cameron moved to Mesa with his friends and surprisingly ended up living a block away from me! We got to be REALLY good friends, but I always had a boyfriend and he always had another girl. Then mission time came--Cam got called to the Ohio Cleveland Mission and on the day of his farewell, I opened my mission call to the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West Mission. He left three months before me and we promised to write weekly. When I got to the MTC, I was the first in my district to get a package...from Cameron! He had sent it early so it would be there the day I arrived! What a guy! We continued to write weekly and send tapes we had talked on to each other. The funny part is we had always said "I love you" to each other, just as good friends and actually always joked that we would end up marrying each other in the end, but halfway through my mission, it got to be a little different. You could tell the attraction was there, so I wasn't sure if I should keep writing "I love you" or not. I did and just hoped he wouldn't read into it! Oblivious to me, he was having the same dilemma! Well, I got home three months before he did and waited patiently (sorta) for his return. I went to the airport (with his ENTIRE family--not akward at all...yeah right!!! I remember his mom calling me the night before cuz she was just soooo excited and she knew I would be excited with her!) on March 1st, to see if 'THE SPARK" was there...yup, as soon as I saw him! We all drove up to Show Low that afternoon and he and I stayed up talking till 5am (no, not making out--that was the next night!). Yes, our first kiss was the day after he got home, March 2nd.:) What can I say, we're quick movers! When you know it's right, it's right! He moved down to Mesa and lived in the apartment above mine with some friends and we were unofficially engaged two weeks later, and officially engaged April 8th! We were married on July 6th, 2002 and have lived happily ever after!!! If you sat and read all that--you are a true friend!:) I now encourage all of you out there to tell us your love story!

16 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

That is awesome! I always wondered what the official story was! So glad you guys ended up together! By the way... yogurt sometime this week?

The Cureton Family said...

What a great story!! Thanks for sharing.

Jodie said...

That just made me smile!! And now you have that perfect little girl and your love story continues!!

Anonymous said...

Aww! That's a great story. Its better because i know both of you.

Jen-ben said...

aaahhh cute story. :) It's so good to see you!! Your baby is sooooo cute!

Kymi said...

Yes I made the blog! It was kinda because of me right? I like to think so, it would of happened regardless I'm sure. You were meant for eachother. I rememeber every bit of that, it is nice to a part of the happy part of your life. Love that we are such good friends. AWWWW!!!Thweet!!

Two little lovebirds said...

I knew the story already... but still so fun to read :) soooo cute!!

Erin said...

What a great story!!! Thanks so much for posting it! When we were digging through our mission pictures to post for our story we found some pretty funny ones of Cameron (I think Mike emailed some of them to him). Good times! You guys make such a great couple!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

We love the quick engagements! You guys have the cutest story! We sure miss you guys, we need to hit up Texas Roadhouse before we actually move out to the real thing! (Dallas!) Check out our website: www.easysite.com/sandsfam Don't ask me why we don't just have a blog! Talk to you soon!
Beth

Clinton said...

We love you guys! So glad you came together and are so happy for you and your beautiful little girl!

-Tami

Becky said...

SOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I love your story..it was such a good idea to put it on..i will have to remember that for next month its our anniversary! We need to get together soon. Are we still doing the friend dinner every month? I hope so! I miss little haylee! Ok I will stop typing cause I think its going to cute me off!

Beth Benson said...

I love your story :) fun times!

Brittney Smith said...

Hey Bethany! I love finding new blogs. I know everyone says Haylee is the cutest, but she really is. I love her pics in her Christmas dress.

Brittney Smith said...

Hey Bethany, Just so you know my boots are the only one's that actually have manure on them. The rest of my family are just wantabe's. Cody

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

I love your story! & don't you love having a younger man?!?! I know I do! I'm glad you guys are so happy! We NEED to come visit you! I think it'll be in April. What do you say to that?!

Rustino Scar said...

Hello Cameron and Bethany. and bethany, I'm glad you appreciate any humor that I might have! i know it is lame most days. FYI, the girl in the Star Wars video is actually the girl that I'm dating right now. She was born and raised in Douglas, AZ. She didn't really have many friends growing up, probably because she has told me that her role model in life and especially hair style comes from Richard Simmons. Anyways, I totally dig the tinsel on her shirt and her lovely poofy hair, and beg her to dress like that every day. If she keeps this up, maybe Tracy and my love story can be just a cool as you and Cameron's. I can only hope. ps...she didn't win the Miss Arizona pageant, but some dreams just aren't meant to be.