Thursday, January 17, 2008

Epiphany

So I've been home all week, deathly ill (a sore throat and a cough can so be deadly!), and to pass the time I have been "blog-stalking", as some may call it. This entails hopping from one person's blog to the next, whether you know the person or not. I learned something through this process--you don't always need pics to do a post. Sure, it may be more interesting with a picture, but not necessary. And I also learned that some of the most interesting posts were the ones that shared random facts about the person. I already did one of those, but I'm always up for more! And hey, for all those out there who want to be just like me (I know I have a following SOMEWHERE!), you may just learn a thing or two! So here goes another one:

ONE EPIPHANY AFTER THE NEXT I HAVE RECEIVED SINCE BECOMING A MOM:

1. I may have the gassiest baby on earth! Cam and I constantly joke that we won't worry about this girl dating if she keeps up this little "issue"! And yes, the smell is horrible! Thanks to soy formula!

2. I am slowly realizing my stomach will never be the same. Sad. I don't wanna seem shallow, but man, I used to be really happy with my tummy. Now? Not so much...

3. Haylee holds her left hand the same exact way EVERY time I feed her--she puts her thumb between her index finger and middle finger (the sign for "T" in sign language). Wonder what that's all about...

4. Unfortunately to me, Cameron and everyone around Haylee, I think she may have inherited my lack of patience.:( I was really hoping that would at least skip a generation, but it doesn't seem to be that way. I apololgize in advance to everyone!

5. We really do have a good dog! We had a little concern as to how Buster would do with Haylee, but for the most part, he could care less about her. When he does acknowledge her, it's cuz he wants to play. If I lay her on the bed, he puts his front paws on the bed and nudges her bottom--even lifting her up sometimes--and the girl LOVES IT!! She giggles and kicks her feet, which makes Buster think she's playing with him! It's great! I know he's thinking, "Finally, she's good for something!"

6. I am not surprised at all with how Cameron is as a dad. I knew all along that he would be kind, patient, proud, sweet, etc with our little girl. He understands "Mommy's Alone Time", too and jumps in when possible to give me a break for a long bubble bath or a nap.

7. Having a baby makes you very popular. Suddenly, you are stopped in grocery stores by cute old ladies who want to tell you all about their grandchildren. You also feel as though you are being watched as a mom, and are always asking yourself, "Am I doing this right? Is this normal?"

8. Haylee LOVES to talk. We can't understand her, obviously, but she sure thinks we do. I'm afraid that when we can understand her, she won't shut up! I'm already thinkin' we are gonna get lots of notes from teachers saying,"Your child refuses to be quiet during class." Any advice??

9. I thought having a girl would be somewhat "wasted" on me, since I've been a tomboy, for the most part. But I LOVE dressing this little girl up.:) I was never one to play dress-up, or play with dolls, but a lifesize one is really fun!

10. I am so blessed. I have a wonderful gassy, talkative, quirky little girl that I love to death.:) I have a great hubby who is perfect in every way. I have awesome friends who are ALWAYS willing to help me out--that goes for my in-laws, too.:) I've realized what really matters in life, and that quote that says,"The most important things in life, aren't things." is really true.:)

Okay everyone who reads this---what epiphanies have you received???

8 comments:

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think that Tristan has Haylee beat on the "talking to much" ! He even talks in his sleep! He never stops. even at pre-school he gets asked many times to be quiet. hate to see what will happen when he get so school. just enjoy her talking now before it all turns to real words and then they will never stop asking the questions! :)

The Chan Clan said...

Hey there! Haylee is so beautiful! I can definitely see Cameron in her. I loved reading the ephihanies...it's fun to hear what's happen in the Comerford's world. We NEED to get together soon!

Bushman's said...

Refering to #8-She may be talkative at home, doesn't mean she'll be talkative at school. Ty won't shut up at home, and is as her teacher says an ideal student. It does make life interesting with a talker though. Good Luck

The Cureton Family said...

I love these! Isn't amazing how much there is to learn from being a mom? Hailey is the cutest ever!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy that as soon as you have a kid, they become the whole world to you? I never thought it would be like this, but I am so happy I have a burning desire to be with my son any chance I get!

Becky said...

Good idea! I love all the info! Haylee is so adorable! Brody is barely starting to coo! But not as much as Haylee!! Cant wait for our get together next week! I hope you start feeling better!

Kymi said...

Your a great momma, and a great friend. That is the epiphany (I had to see how you spelled it to make sure I got it right)I had when reading this. I love you, super good friend. I will try to follow up on my Epiphany's soon.