Sunday, May 25, 2008

GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE...SOLD!!!

That's right, folks, we FINALLY sold our house!!! We will be moving this week! My one stipulation when we were lookin' for a house to rent was that we could find one within our ward boundaries. And we did! We were so blessed that a family in our ward (who will be building) wanted us to rent their house. As you all know, the market has been horrible, and to my real-estate appraiser husband, it's been tough. We recently decided that our house, as much as we have loved it, is just too big for us. It's interesting how when things get tough, you quickly realize what you can do without, and we can definitely do without this big house! When we bought it, we had dreams of having lots of kids and growing into it. Well, since it took so long to get little miss Haylee, who knows how many more we may have, if any at all. In the meantime, I am soooo excited to not have stairs anymore!
Okay, another reason I am soooo grateful to the people renting us their house? They are gonna let us paint the inside!!! We'll just be doing neutral colors, since it is a rental, but it will warm it up quite a bit! So that's our other task this week! And just to throw this out there--ANYONE who wants to help us paint, C'MON OVER!!! I could use all the help I can get! And if anyone out there has paint supplies (tape, rollers, roller pads, etc), we could sure use 'em! THANK YOU!!! (And by the way, as the picture shows, yes, this IS how Cameron and I enjoy painting!)

15 comments:

April said...

I am willing to drive 3 hours to watch you and Cameron paint that way! I am so excited to see your new house!

George said...

you sold your house?! darn, I was hoping to catch some pool time during my next trip to the valley of the sun. But seriously, congratulations! I know it's super stressful when you're trying to sell a house and you can't imagine that it will ever happen. But when it does it's awesome.

Two little lovebirds said...

Thank you for that post... it's nice to have a reminder of the little blessings in life, and definitely learning what you can live without. I love you guys, and hope everything is going great for you!!

Kindy said...

Thanks for the comment. We are so so very excited!:) Congrats on selling your house. Good luck with the painting and moving, that's never fun but it feels good when it's all done.

Mandi said...

I am so happy that your house sold. What luck (or Providence!) I am so so so very happy that you guys didn't move. Sheesh you are about the only ones who will stay put for a minute. Maybe you guys can be our best friends! You've seen us at our best and worst, what more could there be? Thanks for checking up on our blog and good luck with your painting! You are way more ambitious with that than I am. Our walls are white and they will probably stay that way.

Beth Benson said...

wow, you sold your house. Congrats! Good luck on the painting thing....hope you get some help on that.

Erica Hanks said...

Congrats on selling your house! That's a big miracle right there! So glad you'll still be in the ward!

Amy said...

Hey Comerfords! We finally got internet at our new place in Nowheres-ville, so we're back, baby! I'm sooo glad you sold your house. A true miracle! I'm so jealous you get to stay in the ward too. We miss the ward TONS. I'm sure we'll love this one too - if we can get used to the hicks down here. :) Congrats again!

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

HOORAY! I'm happy for you guys! I wish we were down there to help you paint! I love to paint! Maybe we can make a trip! :) Miss you!

CF Is Not Forever said...

So I have been thinking about you painting all week and trying to figure out how I could help with Maelee tugging on my pants. I came to the conclusion that anything she helped me with would have to be re-done....are you still going strong or all you all done?

Kaydi Paxman said...

congrats on selling the house!!!! i will miss hotel comerford but i'm so glad you found something that works for your fam!

Mandi said...

I know I already left a comment, but you are hilarious with those little comic things on the sides. Where the heck did you find the Bethany/Cameron road sign. So great!

Enjoy the Journey said...

Glad you guys got moved! whew... one thing off the check list! So will we see you more now? Monday June 9 for yogurt? And I seem to have lost your email... can you send it to me sometime?

Jen-ben said...

ah...good job selling your house..that's no easy task these days!

Brittney Smith said...

Love the picture of you and Cameron. Priceless. Good luck painting. Sorry I think I am to big to paint right now. Hope all was well with the move. I am glad you all stayed in the ward!