Sunday, May 11, 2008

A SHOUT OUT TO THE MOMS! HOLLA!!!

With today being Mother's Day, I found it necessary to do a post about our moms. Lots of people say they have the BEST MOM, and while I believe that to the fullest about my own mom, I'd like to say it a little differently--I have the BEST MOM FOR ME. I admire my mom so much. She has always been the person I can go to who will be COMPLETELY honest with me about anything. She has taught me to be independent which has made a huge impact on my life as I've gotten older. She has always let me make my own decisions (some that kept her on the edge of her seat, I'm sure!) without butting in or trying to take over and make those decisions for me. One extremely important thing she drilled into my head from a young age was to be VERY picky about who I married. And I know that we are both very happy with who I chose!:) My mom has always been very close to the Spirit and has made many decisions based upon those little promptings we all get and that has taught me soooo much. I truly believe Haylee was a blessing from her decision that it was time to serve a mission with my dad. When I found out two weeks later that I was pregnant I know she wondered if maybe she should postpone the mission so she could be her for Haylee's birth, but she raised me to be strong and faithful enough to say that she should go serve now. I love my mom so much and can't wait for her to come home to see me being a mom to my own little girl, using all the tricks and lessons she taught me! (By the way, she's the taller one on the right!)
Words can't express how grateful I am for my mother-in-law. Not only am I grateful for the wonderful job she did in raising my sweet husband, but I am so amazed at her level of patience and forgiveness and her sweet temperment (something we all know I don't have!). She is an incredibly selfless person--willing to put her life on hold to help others almost daily. I have been so lucky to have her in my life, especially with my own mom so far away right now. When I was in labor and after I had Haylee, she was right there the entire time putting wet washcloths on my forehead, calming me when things got tense, teaching me "Mom things" I could never have known, giving me a much needed break to take a nap, and all the while assuring me that I was doing a wonderful job.:) When Cameron got the flu a month or so ago, she hopped in the car and came and stayed with us to help me with Haylee. Then when we went to Rocky Point, she was thrilled to come spend her weekend taking care of Haylee and Buster! There have been many times since we have been married that Penny has been able to be emotional right along with me as I went throug tough times, whether it be the struggle with infertility or having my mom gone. I have definitely been blessed to have such a great couple of women as moms to me who both teach me how to be a better person in so many different ways. We love you both! Happy Mother's Day!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bethany Lynn for the kind words and making me cry on Mother's Day. Thanks Cameron for always being a good boy. And especially thanks to both of you for making me a grandma!!!

Marsha said...

Thankyou for all you said, but more important than that, Thanks for what you have become ! Your Mothers Day gift to my heart.

Julie Clark said...

Penny now officially has my vote for Mother in Law of the year! I remember how she felt like an instant friend from the time I met her. Isn't it so great what these women put up with so they could shape our husbands into what they are now!

Kymi said...

Your mom IS amazing, she is a beautiful person inside and out, now you are pretty much just like her. She did an excellent job being a mom to you. Penny is pretty great too. I have always loved her softspokeness and the love she has for everyone. Isn't it great that you have two mom's to learn from as you go down the same road.

Bubba said...

I agree Penny is awsome. It's always great to visit Show Low and she her and Sean. No matter where we've lived we always feel at home in thier ward, and Sean and Penny are a large reason we feel that way. From the time I first started hanging out with Cameron, she always made me feel welcome and important.