Monday, May 5, 2008

ROCKY POINT AND A NEW GOAL!!!

So last weekend, this fine group you see here went to Rocky Point, Mexico!! From L to R: Kris, Kami, Eric, Bethany and Cameron. By the way, I have my arms inside my shirt so that they wouldn't burn any more than they already had! We went for the Las Palomas Triathlon they had on Saturday. Eric did the Olympic Triathlon (amazing!) and Cameron and Kris ran the 5k. It was such an amazing, motivating day to see all those people participating in the events. There were some special people that were recognized like a SEVEN MONTH PREGNANT WOMAN (I'm not joking!) who did the triathlon!! Also, there was a 73 yr old man and a man who had recently lost over 200 pounds! It was just such a neat day! So....my goal is to train this year to participate in the sprint triathlon next year! If any of you wanna do it, you totally should! It's soooo awesome!
This is me, Kami and Kris at the Las Palomas resort, which is BEAUTIFUL, I must say! These girls are soooo sweet and fun! We had a great time in Mexico! We even found churros (eventually!)--soooo yummy!!!
And this here is a great shot of our "ghetto-fied" motel room! Words will not do it justice...sleeping on the box spring, people outside our room being as loud as humanly possible at 3 am, the shower wall falling apart, etc! It was so great--I had lots of mission flashbacks while in Mexico and also realized my spanish is HORRIBLE!! I need to practice more!

***No, we obviously did not take Haylee with us to Mexico--she got to have her Grandma Penny come take care of her and Buster while we were gone! Thank you soooo much, Penny! We appreciate it a ton!!!

6 comments:

Kymi said...

Mexico rocks! Fun times are awesome, and everyone needs to stay in a ghetto hotel in Mexico at least once. Then you appreciate the good ones. Fun stuff, glad you two got to escape for a few days, much deserved. Thanks for the pictures of all the fun.

Erin said...

I'm so jealous! We love Mexico! I am craving a vacation right now.

Erica Hanks said...

You went to Mexico. Brittany went to Maui. AGGGHHHHH!!!! I SO need a vacation!!

Fun pics! Looks like a blast!

B said...

ahhhh Rocky Point - our favorite vacation spot - days on the beach eating burritos and shrimp coctails, under the shade with a good book and practicing our 15 spanish words on the vendors - so many good memories! Sounds like an inspiring weekend - keep us posted on your progress!

The Cureton Family said...

Ahhh...sun,warm,sand,warm,water,did I mention warm? Something we are yet to experience up here in the high country. I wish I was in Mexico!

And good luck on the new goal! I would join you. . .except for the whole HATE to run thing.

CF Is Not Forever said...

Frank and I prefer to stay atleast within 100 feet of an American cruise ship if we go to Mexico, you guys are braver than us! Glad you had fun!