Sunday, February 21, 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN...

I've always been a pretty open person. With me, pretty much what you see is what you get. I really don't mind talking openly about issues that others may tend to keep private. A lot of that stems from the belief that I have that we are all here to learn from each other. Anyone who really knows me, knows that it took us four years to get pregnant with Haylee. Then we conceived her all on our own after 4 failed artificial inseminations and the first half of in vitro treatment. In that time, I had three surgeries (2 laparoscopies to laser out endometriosis and 1 uterine polypectomy) that I feel helped our odds (especially the polyp removal). Today the realization hit me that we may be re-entering that grueling world of infertility. This time the name has changed. It's called "secondary infertility". It means we were able to have one child, but have not yet been able to conceive another. We are at the very beginning of the road, having tried for a year with no luck.

I LOVE talking about infertility with anyone who will listen. I feel that it's not just those people going through it that need advice or support. Many times, the families and friends of those dealing with infertility have no idea how to navigate through conversation or support of their loved ones. I know of two great websites that help both the infertile and their friends and family. If you are going through infertility or know someone who is (that's all of you), please take a minute and check these sites out. And please let me know if I can offer any support-this is my new passion...:)

www.2ofus4now.org

ldsinfertility.blogspot.com (this one is put together by an LDS woman dealing with infertility)

7 comments:

Jamie H. said...

Bethany- I love that you are so willing to share your experiences to help others. I think I understand how you feel as it took us years to get each of our boys. I think that having gone through infertility has made me appreciate my kids even more(not to say that they don't drive me crazy some days!). It also makes us more sensitive to others. I pray that things will work out for you and your family.

Mike and Deb said...

You know me, just the word makes me cry. Thank you for being willing to talk about this. I don't much anymore - I feel alone in my pain most of the time. I figure it is my heartbreak for life. We want more than I can even put into words to adopt and as it is for a lot of people, money will always stand in the way and so for us it is a daily pain.

I am so grateful to have friends like you. I will pray for your success in this journey again.

B said...

You are so cool! I'm excited for you to be trying again and yet I feel for the emotions you'll be dealing with. You will be in our prayers and when you are ready for a group fast, let us know and we will fast and pray with you too. Miracles do happen in the Lord's time. Good luck and keep the faith. God keeps his promises:)

Kymi said...

Friend, I LOVE you. I wish more than anything YOU didn't have to deal with the pain and frustration that comes with this. One time was enough for an eternity. But as we both know that is not the case, know WE (all of your friends and family that love you and want to support you) are hear to cry every tear, hear every frustration, and smile when the news is good once again. I do belive Heavenly Father will not give you what you can't handle. You are an awesome mom and there is at least one baby in Heaven that really wants you as it's mom. Keep you head up. Use us when you need us. Keep your faith. Lets do it! Together! I love you.

The Binghams said...

Hi! Thanks for posting this. We've been trying for a little over a year now to get pregnant too and it's just hard to talk about. Now that Kambry is almost 2 we've been getting a lot of questions lately of "are you going to have another one" and it just hits me everytime. All I can say is yes we will. Because I know it will happen. I don't know WHEN, which drives me crazy, but I know we will and only the Lord knows when is right for us. I've been to the dr and had blood done and ultra sounds and all they found were some cysts on my ovaries which they said weren't that big of a deal. So we're just waiting and trying to have faith. Our prayers are with you guys and hope you can bring another choice spirit into your home.

Unknown said...

You are awesome! We will be praying for you!!

Marsha said...

Well, I went to eat Chinese food on Sat. and the owner of the resturant said that this year there would be " many babies come" His English wasn't too good, but maybe he was right ! Aren't those oriental,deep thinking people, always right ?