Friday, April 11, 2008

New Goals!!!

After a wonderful visit/pep talk with my wonderful friend, Kami, today, I am INCREDIBLY motivated to work SMARTER toward losing weight and being healthier. I'm so motivated that I thought some of the things we talked about might help some of you with your fitness goals! She gave me this goal sheet to fill out--here are the questions on it:
MAP OF SUCCESS
My goal is:
I will measure my goals in the 3 following ways:
1.
2.
3.
My action plan is as follows:
What are you going to do:
When (time of day):
How much:
How often:
What is your planned total time to reach your goal?
How realistic is your plan?
What is your confidence level on a scale from 1-10? (If it's less than a 7 then you need to change your goal).
My weaknesses aren't in the amount of food I eat, but the sweets! They kill me! So, when I have a craving, I will text Kami, who will tell me to stay strong and remind me of my goals. Then I will wait 2o minutes and drink lots of water before indulging in the craving (if I even need to after that). My "sweet" choices will be different now, too. And I will be writing down every piece of food that enters my mouth. Here's a funny little trick I've started--whenever I need a spoon to eat something, I use one of Haylee's! They're tiny and make me feel like I'm eating more! Along with all these "food changes", I will also continue going to the gym daily and trying to go on walks each morning with Haylee and in the evening with Buster. I am soooooo excited!!! Wish me luck!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great idea using the little spoon. I love sweets too but I gain weight just thinking about them. We'll have to go out for a salad some time!

maryp said...

Sweets are my weakness too! I don't know how to stop and being pregnant I feel justified in eating everything in sight! I know I am going to have a rude awakening in a few days after I have baby and I'm fat enough to go on the Biggest Loser! I support you in your goals totally! Good luck girl!!!

B said...

awesome! Good luck - sounds like you have a great program. Have you seen this site: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ ? I hear it's great and totally free! You can do it!

Cassie said...

GOOD LUCK!!! The two things that KILL any diet I attempt are Pepsi and French Fries. I love the goal sheet, I may just try it out myself... :)

Enjoy the Journey said...

So I will wish you good luck, BUT... I want to see you guys at our favorite spot on Thursday night! We have softball games, so it would have to be around 8:45/9ish. Sorry! Maybe in 20 minutes you won't want to come :(

Anonymous said...

Go go go!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Marianne said...

Good luck Bethany....it sounds like you are on the right track!

Cara Fish said...

Yea for you! So hard - I'm sure it will be worth it.

Enjoy the Journey said...

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Bethany, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Sorry we missed the fun last night, but we are fully prepared for fun another night! Let us know when you can hang with the DeWitt's!

Becky said...

Go Bethany! Those are some great ideas! So sorry we miss the party!! We for sure have to go out to lunch next week! (somewhere healthy:)

Krystine M. said...

Hello Comerfords this is Mark/ Shagg and my girl Kyrstine I found your blog and just wanted to say hello and see about adding you all to our blog list.

The Chan Clan said...

Good luck! You go girl!

Brittney Smith said...

Wow, I love the little spoon idea. Very good. I cant wait to get motivated again to move. Maybe after the baby comes. Way after!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Hey guys I posted the details about Saturday's walk tonight on our blog, see you Saturday!

Bird Man Pratt said...

Bethany, wow!, I wish you the best luck in that, but did you know that dieting is OLD fashioned? anyways, I knew a lady a long time ago that died because she was heavy, she was my cub scout and webelos advisor back when I was living in Silver City, New Mexico. have you and Cameron checked out my blog? if not it's

nathanprattandbirds.blogspot.com

Whitney said...

I set my blog to private. Email me your email address: wiggywhit11@hotmail.com