Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAYLEE'S FIRST TRIP TO THE MOVIES!!!

Our friends Jared and Bethanie (yup, that's really her name--but spelled with an "ie"!) came to visit us for a couple days (more pics to come), and we wanted to go do something fun today, instead of sitting around staring at each other. Living in the sauna that is Mesa, the only thing we could come up with was the mall and a movie. So we decided on Arizona Mills Mall (I literally only go there once every 2-3 yrs cuz of my frustration with how crowded it gets) and the new movie Wall-E. I was completely prepared to spend most of the movie in the lobby with Haylee, but much to our surprise, Haylee did wonderfully!!! She sat on my lap while I rocked back and forth in the comfy chairs and eventually fell asleep. She woke up towards the end, but just played with an empty water bottle while watching the movie (and gabbing just a bit!). We feel so blessed to have such a good baby! And by the way, I HIGHLY recommend this movie! It was soooo cute!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow! Impressive! I can't believe Haylee sat through the whole movie! John just took Dalon to see Kung fu Panda a few weeks ago, and he had a hard time sitting still. I'm so jealous.

Kymi said...

I'm a little jealous, but very happy you had a good experience. I took Conor when he was 2 1/2 months old and he slept, that was the last time he did that. I'm glad you got to go do something fun with your friends. I'm also glad you have such a good baby, maybe next time around I will have one that is chill like Haylee. Probably not though, it is all good.

mitsy said...

We LOVED Wall-e..VERY cute movie!! Our little Eric (6months old) enjoyed it too! Way fun!

Two little lovebirds said...

How fun!! We took Easton to see his first movie--- Kung fu panda, and he fell asleep!! That's better than fidgeting and lobby time though!! Was the movie good? I kinda wanna see it!!