Saturday, October 18, 2008

OHIO TRIP: KIRTLAND--PART TWO

This was a very common sight on the trip! Haylee was totally in love with Grandma Penny and usually wanted nothin' to do with Cameron or I if she was in sight! Luckily, Grandma Penny feels the same way about Haylee!
Here's all of us in front of the Newell K. Whitney Store. Newell K. Whitney was an amazing man--he was pretty wealthy and was more than willing to help anyone out who needed it. On the mission, this is where Cameron would pick up his mail (including his weekly letter from me!). The home he lived in is right behind the store.
And here's the princess bonding with Grandpa Sean.:) We are all very lucky Haylee is so light cuz we all passed her around during the tours! The funniest part is that Haylee LOVES her voice and LOVES to tell "stories". She jibber-jabbers NONSTOP! We eventually had to give the tour guides a heads up that they would have a little competition while talking.:)
This room is upstairs in the Newell K. Whitney store. It's the School of the Prophets and some really amazing things happened here. I would never be able to describe the spirit felt throughout these sites--especially this room. I am amazed at the things Joseph Smith not only had to endure, but also had the blessings of seeing. I am so grateful for all he did to restore the gospel. I know I take it for granted many days that I have the gospel in my life, but I really don't know where I'd be or what kind of person I would be without the gospel.
This was the actual store part. These are the types of things that were sold here. Basically a little of everything! One thing the tour guide said in this tour really made an impact on me. Many people made the trek to Kirtland and upon arrival, had little or nothing and had to start over. The tour guide explained that the saints that were already there in Kirtland were more than willing to share everything they had with the newcomers. It made me realize how I have been given so much and therefore should have no problem sharing all I have with others. That is my new goal.:) I'm gonna try and keep this in mind daily.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to share. :)

http://www.ourexplorer.com
local guides, local wisdom