Friday, April 24, 2009

LAS PALOMAS TRIATHALON!!!

FUNNIEST PICTURE EVER!!!! The night before the triathalon, Cameron went and picked up his packet for the race. The packet always includes a shirt, swimcap, your race number and helpful things for the triathalon. Cameron pulled this XL shirt out of his bag and put it on and we quickly decided this must be a woman's shirt! Luckily, he was able to exchange it for a man's shirt (which looked TONS better!), but we sure enjoyed the fun we had with this one! I love the v-neck! I never get tired of lookin' at this!!!:) Love you, Honey!

The cheering section! My mom and I hung out by Cameron's transition spot so we could talk to him as he got ready for his next event. I was so grateful to have my parents there and it was so fun to see how impressed and proud of Cameron they were. I love my parents!:)

So we went to Rocky Point, Mexico last weekend for Cameron's THIRD triathalon! We went with my parents and left Haylee with Cameron's family in Show Low (thanks guys!). I'll do a Mexico post later! Cameron did AMAZING in this triathalon! He cut about TEN minutes off his swim time and stayed with the pack the whole time!


It's so inspiring and exciting to watch triathalons--I highly recommend it! Nobody got stung by a jellyfish this year! That's always good news! Because Cam was with the crowd of swimmers he got knocked a few times by flailing arms and legs--just part of the experience!



Here he is comin' back from the loooong bike course (16 miles)! My dad did a great job of being the photographer so that my mom and I could hang by Cam's transition spot so we could talk to him when he came in. Thanks, Dad!




Off to the run course! This course is pretty up and down which made it kinda tough. The worst part is the very end--running on the beach! Not down by the water where the sand is flat, no, up at the top in the soft sand! Cam said it was a killer!





The funniest part was at the end--they had an inflatable slip n slide you could jump on as you finished! It was pretty funny to watch people jump on that! I can't even tell you how amazed and proud of Cameron I am! He has trained so hard to do these triathalons and always has such a good attitude while doing them. Hopefully next year I will be doing the triathalon with him!






4 comments:

Jenifer said...

I'm amazed (as always) with Cameron! Way to go!

maryp said...

Man! That is pretty amazing that he did that for the 3rd time...especially the sand part. Yikes. Good job Cameron and I love the shirt!

Brittney Smith said...

Go Cameron!! Three triathalons?? I had no idea. Good for him!

Steve Frost said...

Cameron you beast! I love the v-neck pic. Seriously, you are such a stud knocking out triathalons like their going out of style!