Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ROCKY POINT, MEXICO!!

First of all, let me assure everyone that none of us are showing symptoms of the swine flu!!! We had a wonderful time in Rocky Point this year! One of our favorite parts of the trips to Rocky Point are the tacos and quesadillas! And this place here is the BEST!! Whenever we wanted tacos, this is the place we came to!

This is my mom and dad, who came with us. It was so fun to have them there this year--actually, just to have them home in general! This was taken on our balcony--look at that blue water!

The first day we got there, my dad and Cameron were sitting on the balcony and saw dolphins out in the ocean jumpin' around! So cool!


My dad's favorite part: the tortillas! I hafta agree--they are AMAZING!! We bought some as we crossed the border, but those didn't last long! So we drove around Rocky Point looking for a tortillaria and bought some more!



My favorite part??? Yup, the Coke! Man, that stuff is just way too good! And by the following picture, you can see I'm not the only Coke fan!










On Sunday we went to church in Rocky Point. It was nice for me to flashback to the mission where everything is in spanish. Sometimes I forget that the group I'm with doesn't understand spanish, as was the case here. I remembered though, when I noticed my dad playing with his palm pilot, my mom reading her english scriptures and Cameron thumbing through the hymnal!






Las Palomas is my new favorite place in Rocky Point. This resort is beautiful! And because the triathalon was held here, it was so nice to just be able to walk downstairs to watch! No driving needed! They have two phases of condos here and each phase has its own set of pools and jacuzzis and restaurants! So nice!







Is this the picture of love or what??? This was taken in front of the churro stand (another favorite spot in Rocky Point) where they make THE BEST churros ever! My dad was teasing my mom about her spanish and you can tell it went over well...:)
It was a wonderful trip to Mexico, and obviously I'm glad we went when we did! Who knows when we'll get to go back again!








0 comments: