Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy 29th Birthday, Cameron!!!

Yeah, he's probably gonna hate me for posting this picture, again.:) While lookin' for a picture to post for his birthday, I decided to go with one that sums Cameron up pretty well. No, he doesn't wear tight clothing daily. But this picture shows one of my favorite traits about Cameron--his sense of humor: one of the MAIN reasons I married him. My mom always told me to marry someone who makes me laugh. Cameron has been makin' me laugh since the night I met him. If you missed the Rocky Point triathlon post, this was the shirt they gave him by mistake--they thought Cameron was a girl's name in this case. Luckily, before he exchanged this shirt for the men's shirt, he let me take a picture! I will forever be grateful!!:)

Cameron really is the best husband out there. He'll do ANYTHING for me!! I could brag that I have done an exceptional job in training him, but honestly, he came this way. He is a giver. He is a peacemaker, which, trust me, he needs to be in order to be married to me! He is so quick to forgive my faults and annoying habits. He compliments me DAILY on everything from how I look to how hard I worked out at the gym. He is always encouraging me in my goals and cheering me on in my endeavors. Right now, he is my triathlon coach and I couldn't ask for a better one. Cameron is just one of those people that makes you feel better about yourself just by being around him. When it comes to being a father....wow. He's a pro. And he's been a pro since day one--changing the really gross first diapers while I was out cold after my c-section. Haylee adores her daddy and gets soooo excited to see him every time he comes out of his office (in our house!). She will always know how beautiful and special she is because her daddy tells her every day. He really is the best daddy. Cameron has been an awesome provider for our family, too. I remember last year when his business was almost non-existent. He IMMEDIATELY went out and got two paper routes to make sure we had SOME type of income. I know I will NEVER have to worry about our financial situation as long as Cameron is here. Basically, I just really love this guy. He's the best...and he's my best friend.:) Happy birthday, sweetie.:)

If you would, leave a memory you have of Cameron as a comment!! We would love to read them! Thank you!!!:)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember playing make-up with you! Thats right I liked to curl your hair and put make-up on you. Some where in a box I have a few pictures of those day!! Happy Birthday Cam...

Jamie H. said...

I haven't spent a lot of time with you guys, but I wanted to say that I was really impressed with what a great daddy Cameron is to Haylee. It is so evident that they absolutely adore each other! Happy Birthday!!

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday, Cameron! We miss being able to hang out with you guys.

April said...

I have waaaay too many memories to count... lots of good memories growing up. One of my favorite is when mom and dad had the mobile home business and we'd drive around the lot all day long in that red car listening to music. We thought we were so cool. You have always been so good to me. You are just like Grandpa Merwyn, the salt of the earth. I joke that I hate being known as "Cameron's little sister" but really it's a compliment. Happy Birthday Brother!
Love,
Sis

Kymi said...

I remember that LOUD white Chevy thing you drove. It was fun driving around town (that pretty much consisted of driving up and down the duece and to wal mart) listening to music. You have always been a great person. I am so happy to have had a little to do with you and my Best Friend now being parents of a beautiful little girl. Your the Man Cam. Happy Birthday. It is a better world with you in it!

Ellison Family said...

All my memories of course involve the mission. I remember decorating your and Moreheads car up with just married everything, sneaking into your apartment and planting gold fish everywhere we could think of. I also remember you talking about Bethany and showing me the picture of her burning up the picture of the ex (you had the twinkle in your eye just talking about her) Good times!! I'm glad I had an elder I could joke around with and play jokes on and you would take them with a grain of salt.
Happy Birthday!! Thanks for the fun memories!!

maryp said...

i've never met cameron but when we were comps on the mission, you would tell me about him EVERY day!! I wasn't suprised when you guys hooked up! match made in heaven!!

Marsha said...

I remember making a connection with Cameron while he was on his mission. I wasn't sure about the beer money statement, but when I saw he couldn't spell I knew we would be friends ! So he redeemed himself from the first time I met him at the timeshare with his sleazy girlfriend.
Cameron is without a doubt the best husband and father I have seen. He is a wonderful son-in-law too! He is kind ,cheerful, fun to be around I could go on and on and on ....Kymi was right, she always said Bethany would marry Cameron,I'm so glad she was right !!
Love ya Cameron.

Anonymous said...

When Cameron was 3 he could name every NFL team by it's insignia and tell you who the starting quarterback was. His favorite was Joe Montana and the 49ers.

Pam said...

Remember when we went to Jo City for Evan and Brennons concert and me and Paula stayed in visiting and everyone else went to the car. Well it was dark and luckily the parking lot was empty and we decided to run. Well I didn't see the speed bump and ate it hard! Everyone just looked at me laughing and Cambo was the only one to come help me up and see if I was ok. Thanks for taking care of your old Aunt Pam!

CF Is Not Forever said...

I think the first time I met you we went to your house to watch Monday night football in your first apartment. I also remember going to zoo lights with you two the one and only time I have ever been and you asked Frank about my engagement ring and I started to freak out because I didn't know he had one yet. Also I remember Dorito's down the Salt River, swiming in your pool, and I think we went to Serrano's together one year like 12 times. All theses memories are from me, but if Frank were posting he would probably say happy birthday C-Nut.

Two little lovebirds said...

dj-ing our wedding!! the kid is hilarious and so fun!!! happy birthday cam!!

Larsens said...

I LOVE THE SHIRT!!!! oh the memories... it goes from our fameous holiday party games... to random work parties! when i got hypmotized the first person i remember when i walked out the door was cameron and the look he had on his face.. he had some look like this girl and officially confirmed to me that she is psyco. happy birthday cam!!! sad we didnt get to see you in colorado this past septmeber... come up sooner than later.

on another note... i cannot beileve how BIG your little girl has gotten! she is darling!!! your family is so cute, and GO bethany! get that tri!!! you'll do awesome, they really are fun! go girl!