Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Tick o teet!!!"

Last night was our ward Trunk-or-Treat! It was Haylee's first experience with trick-or-treating and she did awesome! She was dressed as a Punk Rock Princess and her costume was a hit! She did great while I got her all dressed up, but when she saw herself in the mirror I think it really caught her off-guard!:)

So you wouldn't think that lookin' at pics of this little misfit would make me emotional, but I gotta say, last night was a special night for me. Halloween is such a "kid" holiday, and when we couldn't have kids for those four long years, it was another sore spot that made me wonder if I'd ever have a kid to take trick-or-treating and to dress up. As I walked around the parking lot with Haylee last night, I was just on cloud nine! Finally, my own little girl to dress up and take trick-or-treating! I'm grateful for the experience the infertility has given me--especially thankful that I don't take these special times for granted...:)

6 comments:

Brittney Smith said...

The cutest Ever! I had to take a pic of her too!

Stan and Jamie said...

She really was so so cute!! It was hilarious!!

Kathy said...

She looks adorable!

Cara Fish said...

LOVE it. Wish we were there.

Erin said...

Gosh, she is so stinkin' cute!!!

Myers Family said...

I love it! Her costume turned out so so cute!