Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SO I HAVE THIS KIDNEY...


Here's an update sure to shock everyone!!! I was blog-surfing one day, and from Mike and Erin's blog, they had a post about a friend of a friend needing a kidney donor. So I clicked on the link, which took me to Tim and Cassie's blog (now added to my "Fellow Bloggers" list). I read about what they, especially Tim, are going through. I saw that we are the same blood type (A+), and can't really explain it, but I had an overwhelming urge to help. I am now waiting for my kit that I'll take to the lab to have bloodwork done. That blood will be sent up to them (in Utah) and if it's a good match, I will go through further testing. If all goes well, I will be a great match and will eventually be able to donate one of my kidneys to Tim. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted! That being said, I now urge everyone who is reading this to click on "Tim and Cassie" and read about them! See what you can do to help. If you don't wanna do bloodwork/surgery, just pass on the word. Who knows? Maybe someone you know would be willing to try and help! Thanks!
"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another
mortal that he meets our needs."
--Spencer W. Kimball--

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a brain donor once. I think it went ok. or did it. I can't remember.

Erin said...

Wow!!! You are awesome! If Mike ever needs another transplant, I hope there will be people like you out there for him. I was just reading on their blog about their latest update and about the amazing response they've recieved. I'm so glad you are doing what you can to help! You rock!

Erica Hanks said...

That is so awesome! What a great blessing to them!

KIMBERLIN 6 said...

Brave girl. Although I am in complete support of organ donation. While you are being so generous you should be a bone marrow donor as well. Just a thought. Anyway, do you have to go to a lab?? I poke people for a living and would love to draw your blood. It gives me a sense of purpose... no really I just like to.

Kymi said...

You are an unbelievably generous person! That is why we are friends, just kidding. I am so proud of the person you are though. Not many people would be willing to give a person they don't know part of thier body, that is why your are unique and special. I am glad to call you my friend!

Cassie said...

Oh Bethany, I have SO much gratitude for you right now. Not only are you willing to hand over a major organ to a total stranger, but you're also helping us to spread the word. Words can not express how grateful we are. Thank you.

CF Is Not Forever said...

What a blogger miracle, see blogs change lives! I hope it works out for them and you!

On a side note, don't forget that Cameron (in his journey as a SLHS band member) along with Frank marched in the grand opening at the Show Low Super Walmart.

Two little lovebirds said...

You truly are amazing!! I have a link on my blog to them now. I wish I could do more...

Cara Fish said...

you are so funny! Like I said, if I ever need a body part, I know who to ask! hope it goes well!

Jen-ben said...

That is so awesome Bethany!! You'll have to keep us posted ok!
Julie is a crack up!

Amy said...

What in the heck?? That's amazing and you are sooo giving! I've been meaning to comment on your blog. It's really cute. I'm glad we've found each others' blogs so I can spy on you once in a while when we're gone. I love the video of Halley laughing. So cute!

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

You rock! I can't wait to see you & give you a big ol' hug! Man I miss you lots....

Beth Benson said...

so how did the testing stuff go? or when do you get it?

Julie Clark said...

Bethany your blog is so funny. I'm actually catching up with technology and entered the world of blogging. Your hubby warned me that you are a blogaholic! Your baby--adorable! I think your right about her fitting in that bumbo until she's 2. It's great to see you doing so well. Not many people would reach out to another like you have.