Monday, September 22, 2008

ST. GEORGE TRIP...PART ONE--TRIATHLON

We just got back from a trip to St. George for Cameron's second triathlon! It was convenient since I have family in St. George. This triathlon was a lot different than the Show Low triathlon--much harder, too! This was Cameron's first open water swim (in a lake) and the bike course included a huge hill and the run was pretty much on clay the entire course--he said it felt like running on the beach! That being said, Cameron only finished six minutes later than the Show Low triathlon! I am sooooo proud of him! He did amazing and had such a great attitude the whole time!
This was the only transition pic I was able to get since I was there alone and had Haylee with me. This was right after the swim as he was getting ready for the bike course. I asked if he got roughed up in the water by other swimmers (common in open water swims cuz they swim in a pack for a while). He said yes and that he vaguely recalls swimming over the top of someone! Good times! Cameron also said that the hill on the bike course was so major that some bikers actually got off and walked their bikes up the rest of the hill. Not Cameron! He stuck with it!
Here we are after the race! You can't see her, but I am holding a sleeping Haylee in my arms! She did so amazing out there! She was happy the entire time! So entertained just watching everyone--some people brought dogs, which made her REALLY happy! DISCLAIMER: There is a reason I currently look and will continue to look like crap in these triathlon pics! They schedule these things waaaaay too early in the morning! I ain't gonna take the time to get all gussied up to go sit in the sun for two hours that early in the morning!
And here is our happy Haylee on the way home from the race! You can't see it but she's wearing her shirt that says, "My dad is the man!" It makes us laugh that when she holds her books, it actually looks like she is reading them like an adult! And yes, she can read upside down as a matter of fact!:) She loves her new big girl carseat! It's probably a bit early to have her in it, but a seven hour car ride didn't sound too fun lookin' out the back window the whole way!

All in all, it was a great time at the race! Cameron did better than he thought he would and he felt great about it and more motivated to get better. I'm just so impressed with him and his devotion to this new adventure! He makes me so proud! One day we will do these things together!

9 comments:

Kate said...

2nd triathalon! Awesome! I still sit back and wish. Good job Cameron! That sounded like a rough trail this time. And Haylee - I haven't seen pics in a while. She's grown up a LOT since I last saw her. She's so cute!

Erin said...

Wow, nice work Cameron! You ARE the man! Haylee is looking so grown up in these pictures and is just as cute as ever!

The Luthy Life said...

Cameron rocks! I love the pics of Haylee. I love that smile. I just want to give her kisses. Oh, and I love that Air Supply is playing on your blog. "The beating of my heart is a drum and it's lost and it's looking for a rhythm like you..."

Kymi said...

Nice job Cam!!! You are my inspiration, I would love to be able to do something like that...maybe someday? Bethany, you look great in that picture! I promie I wouldn't lie to you. I'm glad Haylee is a good little traveler, that helps out a lot. She looks like she likes her big girl seat. Yahoo! Wow, time flies, seems like she was just so tiny yesterday. I'm glad you had a good trip, and good job Cam. You should be proud of yourself. Not to many people can do that sort of thing!

B said...

WOW! You guys are amazing! Way to go Cameron! It's really nice to know someone who is doing what we all wish we were! Thanks for living the dream for the rest of us:)

CF Is Not Forever said...

Great job Cameron! What a fun family adventure!

Darce said...

That's awesome! Way impressed! And, yes, cute, cute girl!

Amy said...

Another one?? This guy's nuts! And super amazing. Congrats!

Reflections of Heart said...

Cameron you really are Awesome! Sounds like a very tough course and you triumphed! Bethany...you always have been a true beauty and especially when you get up so early to support your hubby! Haylee is so cute!

Cousin Jen