Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US!!!

I already know my mom will not be thrilled with this picture. Sorry Mom! It's so great to have a picture of my parents with Haylee (and Buster)! This was taken this morning (Christmas) before any stockings were unloaded or presents open.

Haylee has totally bonded with my dad. It's so cute! And once again, when he pulled out his guitar today and started playing, she just stared and smiled at him! Maybe she'll get his music gene! After all the presents had been opened and put away, my brother and his family came over for a big lunch of ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad and the best part: a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory (yeah, we do it up right around here!). It was so fun to have everyone here today.:)
And this is Haylee after all the chaos had ended. Cameron took this picture when I was napping and said that she climbed all over my big pregnancy pillow and loved it! I told him that maybe she remembered it from when I used to lay my big 'ol belly on it with her inside! She was a nonstop kicker when I was pregnant and loved to kick that pillow all night long! Haylee is still too young to understand Christmas, so we sorta milked that for another year by not going crazy with gifts for her. Next year will be more fun I think! I sure miss being a kid at Christmas and having it all done for me--decorating, gifts, Santa, great food, etc. I even miss the snow at Christmas (no Sean and Penny, that does not mean we will be moving up there so we can have white Christmases-sorry!). Overall though, this was a wonderful Christmas and I was just happy to have my parents here to celebrate it with us! Hope you all had a great Christmas, too! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight!!!

6 comments:

Kymi said...

SO happy that you get to have your parents home! I'm glad you had a good Christmas, mine was good too. We will talk soon, just wanted to see if you had pictures of your parents with Haylee up. Love to see those two/three. Love ya,

Larsens said...

welcome home!!! and merry christmas!!! what a fun celebration for you guys. we'll be down soon and we wanna hang out for real this time!

oh... and haylee is a doll. really bethany, she is so dang cute... and buster too!

Two little lovebirds said...

I am so happy that your parents are home!! What a merry christmas! Sorry I haven't been in touch... things have been beyond crazy! We now have a beautiful little girl who completes our family :) Her name is Madyson Grace. Lets talk soon!!

Cara Fish said...

yea! i am so glad they are home! i am sure you are having a wonderful time. how long do they stay in the valley?

Julie Barfuss said...

You know I will pay you back for that picture, I think I took some pictures Christmas morning too. Thanks for making our Christmas so wonderful. Haylee is even cuter than you said!!
Love ya,
Mom

Jen said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas. My kids didn't get the whole christmas thing until just last year. It makes Christmas even more exciting when they can't wait for it. Haylee is gorgeous!