Thursday, December 18, 2008

OH, WE ARE NOT AMUSED...

So, anyone who knows Haylee and the happy little baby girl she is, will probably consider this act of sitting on Santa's lap some sort of horrible child abuse and you probably have your phone in your hand just ready to call CPS on me. Haylee really has no "stranger anxiety"...until Santa, that is. Can ya blame her? Big freaky guy with a huge beard??? All I have to say is like mother, like daughter. My mom asked if she'll hate clowns like her mom too. Most likely...
Pretty sure Santa is saying, "Get this kid off my lap right now!" Hey Santa, five words: it comes with the job! Get used to it! Haylee was so freaked out that after I took her back and she calmed down, if I stepped anywhere near Santa, she started climbing right over my shoulder to get away from him! I'm sorry Haylee, that we subjected you to this type of cruelty. Unfortunately, we'll probably do it every year till you're 10 or so!:)


11 comments:

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

That is too funny! I can't blame her either. Probably good she doesn't like to sit on strange men's laps dressed up in costumes!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she doesn't react that way to her Grandpa! I've just gotten over the fact that she loves Penny more than me!

Bjarnson Family said...

O poor baby. I think we all have a picture like that from our childhood though.

Meghan said...

CLASSIC! Simply classic. That picture is all too familiar. Hopefully next year will be better. The second year was better.

Brittney Smith said...

Loved this post!! Funny how one year they hate Santa, then the next year they love him. (That usually happens when they realize presents are involved!!)

Mike and Deb said...

That is hallarious! I can just see it now. The things we put our children through just for sheer pleasure...wow! She is still adorable even in hysterics though.

Kate said...

Poor Haylee!!! But I laughed so hard. First of all because it's funny she's scared of Santa (neither Dalon or Ethan have seen him yet... thanks to his lunch break - HELLO!) but secondly because she looks so dang cute when she cries! I love baby faces when they cry. I laugh at Ethan all the time too. I know it's mean, but I can't help it. :)

Kymi said...

She is seriously so cute...even when she cries. I knew I was going to get that reaction from Con, and i did. But I wasn't smart enough to bring a camera. Good job on catching that...she will love you for that in the future. MIss you, have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I was in the mall the other day and I was so touched to see all the little kids clamoring around the santa display...but they were all older than 2. Poor Haylee. Maybe she'll like it next year...

Brittney Daniel Liechty said...

Oh no!! She is not happy!! Ha! How cute! I love it!

Darce said...

That's funny!! Just wait 'til she figures out he's brings her presents, tho!