Monday, March 16, 2009

SAVINGS!!!!


I joined the Grocery Game last summer and have not regretted it one bit! Today was an AWESOME day grocery shopping! At Fry's I spent $64.17 and I saved $88.43!!!! Then I went to Albertsons and spent $36.20 and saved $52.72!!! So I ended up with all this NAME BRAND stuff (except for a couple things I had to have this week) for $100!!! The cereal alone should have cost me around $50! Oh and I forgot to add the 12 pack of Cottonelle toilet paper! For those who don't know, I quit the job at the preschool. It just wasn't worth it for us right now. I will never again take for granted the blessing I have of being a stay-at-home-mom. I feel like doin' this grocery system is my way of making/saving us money. Every little bit helps!:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way I see it, you saved as much or more as you would have made at the part time job. It's all about the bottom line. Or is it the panty line? Anyway, you know what I mean.

Enjoy the Journey said...

Alright... spill it. I have never heard of the Grocery Game. I am so curious. I have heard of the coupon sense thing, but not this!

The Melo's said...

I too am curious about the grocery game thing? I have never heard of it before. I could definitely use savings like that!

Mike and Deb said...

Bethany, you need to call Debbie and get her involved in this club!! She won't do it on her own, she needs a hand holder...just don't tell her I told you! :-)

Erica Hanks said...

YOU GO GIRL! WOO HOO!!

Kymi said...

Are you alive! Just kidding I know you are. It is good to hear from you. I'm proud of you doing your job to save your family money. Good job momma. You are doing a great job.

Marsha said...

You could be on Oprah !! Go Bethany..

Kate said...

I love posts on saving money. We all want to learn more on that subject! There is also a website called Coupon sense I think it is and it does the same thing. I believe it is a flat $15 fee/mo for all the grocery stores, not that you would want to switch over. There are various other websites that you can do the work yourself like, pinchingyourpennies.com, providentprincess.blogspot.com, commonsensewithmoney.com, moneysavingmom.com. Some of these I've not yet seen, but might be worth checking out.

Jessica and Kenny said...

I need to learn how to do this... That is awesome!!!