Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, Buster!!!

I'm a loser of a mom--Buster turned 3 last Saturday and I'm just now posting about him. I know some of you may be thinking, "He's just a dog!" Oh no no, my friends. You are mistaken. Buster Brown is our hairy firstborn! Get comfy and I'll tell you a bit about him! When we couldn't have kids for a while, Cameron bought me little Buster for my birthday. We affectionately call him our "Million Dollar Baby". Here's why: three days after getting Buster, he was diagnosed with parvo (a gastrointestinal disease that basically sheds the inner lining of a dog's stomach). Most puppies don't live through it. We were shocked and ended up spending quite a few dollars to keep our little guy alive. He stayed at the vet for a week and received two blood transfusions ("Chumba Juice") from a Great Dane named Chumba. He was sooooo skinny and sad looking. It made me cry every time I went to visit him. But he pulled though! And here he is today--three years old! That first pic is Buster in "his" chair. This is the only piece of furniture he is allowed on and he loves it!
I took this in Snowflake. We were in my mom's car and while she ran into a nursery to grab some plants, Buster took over the driver's seat. I love it cuz it looks like he's driving!
This has to be one of my favorite pics! This is how Buster plays with Haylee! We put her on the bed and he pops his two front paws up and he nudges her all over with his nose! She usually laughs and laughs (of course, not for the pic though!) and loves it.:) Her laughing just eggs him on to do it more--it's a great form of cheap entertainment!

Here's a little more info about our little guy...

Phrases he understands: Go look out the window, do you want something to work on? (a treat), let's go take a bath (really I'm the one taking the bath, he just comes and lays on the rug next to me), where's your leash, Grandma and Grandpa, help Dad take out the trash (he goes crazy for this one!!), and the ultimate--Where's your laser?? Buster has a little laser pointer that is his beloved toy! We only get it out when company comes over so that he will not end up in said company's lap! He chases that little red light everywhere and doesn't stop until you say, "Let's put it away." and you put it back in the drawer.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUSTER!! WE LOVE YOU!!



4 comments:

Beth Benson said...

he is a really good dog :) you are lucky in so many ways...not just your dog !

Kymi said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Buster!! I know he will have many more! Cute post, shows how much you love that crazy pup!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Good ole' buster!

Grandma & Grandpa Pearson said...

Happy Birthday to Buster from Grandma and Grandpa too. We do like your "first baby",he's a good boy, but actually are partial to Haylee Brynn--what a sweetie she is!!! Don't know what we would do without your blog!!! love Grandma