Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Just a little "LOVE" survey for Valentine's Day...

WHAT FIRST ATTRACTED YOU TO YOUR SPOUSE:
Definitely his humor! I remember the first night I met him in Show Low--he was the driver and we all ended up at Burger King where he cracked me up!

WHERE DID YOU GO ON YOUR FIRST DATE:
We went on a first date long before our missions, when we were just friends. He took me to Macayos and then to a movie. Here's the crazy part: after our date that night I wrote in my journal, "Went on a date with Cameron Comerford tonight. He is so funny. It became very apparent to me tonight how important it will be to marry someone who makes me laugh." (And yes, I still have the journal to prove it!!!)

WHERE WAS YOUR FIRST KISS:
Our first kiss was the night after he got home from his mission. We were at his house with a bunch of other people watching Pearl Harbor. It's a long movie so most everyone left before it ended, except for my trusty friend Kym!! She pretended to be asleep! He gave me a hug and then we kissed.:) It was by far the best kiss ever!

WHEN DID YOU KNOW THEY WERE "THE ONE":
I actually knew when I was still on the mission. We had been writing weekly and around my last month or two, one day it just hit me, "I'm gonna marry this guy!" I knew it as sure as I knew there was a nose on my face! He had all the qualities I was looking for and he had become my best friend.:)

HOW DID HE PROPOSE:
We had been looking at rings and I showed him some that I liked (I didn't want to pick out my exact ring--I just wanted him to know the style I liked). I knew he had picked one, but he told me he had to wait till the following week to pick it up after having it sized. Little did I know, he had it the whole time (he even had it the weekend before he proposed when we went to Flagstaff so he could ask my dad)! On a Monday, I had a really bad day at work and he called to ask if he could take me out that night, which was kinda weird cuz we were together ALL THE TIME!! He took me to "our spot" under the bridge at Tempe Town Lake and had cooked me dinner. Then we went back to my apartment where there were candles lit in the front room, but nobody home. Stupid me, immediately gets mad at roommates who would leave candles unattended! So dumb! He somehow gets me to go into my room, where more candles are lit and my bed is covered in roses! He got down on one knee and "proposed". I put that last word in quotes cuz I still claim to this day that he didn't say the full phrase "Will you marry me?" He said, "Will you...?" He argues that one still! Of course I said yes! I'm not stupid!:)

WHAT IMPRESSES YOU MOST ABOUT YOUR SPOUSE:
What doesn't impress me?? Actually, the first thing that comes to mind is that EVERYONE loves him! I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like the kid! He is always so happy and funny. He is extremely patient with me: his very impatient wife.:) He's such a hard worker and a great provider for me and Haylee and Buster. He knows all about politics, which impresses me cuz I have no clue about that stuff most of the time. He is musically talented--I've always loved listening to him play the guitar (one of the other first attractions). He is the amazing daddy I knew he'd be with Haylee. She sure has him wrapped around her little miniature finger!

Happy Valentine's Day, sweetie! You're the best hubby ever.:) I love you!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That was the cutest post ever and so much fun to read! Happy Valentine's!

Kymi said...

You two were meant for eachother! I'm just happy I could be a part of all that love! And I was the irresponsible Roomie that left the candle burning, for a good reason of course!! Love you both ,